Unexpected comfortable clothing
- Next1 of 14Imaxtree.com
- Previous Next2 of 14Courtesy of Topshop
- Previous Next3 of 14Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next4 of 14Courtesy of Belle NYC
- Previous Next5 of 14Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next6 of 14Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next7 of 14Courtesy of Steven Alan
- Previous Next8 of 14Courtesy of Alternative Apparel
- Previous Next9 of 14Courtesy of Steven Alan
- Previous Next10 of 14Courtesy of Nordstrom
- Previous Next11 of 14Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next12 of 14Courtesy of Rebecca Taylor
- Previous Next13 of 14Courtesy of Net-A-Porter
- Previous Next14 of 14Courtesy of J.Crew
- Unexpected comfortable clothing10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Shop 11 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
- 8 Celebs Wearing Dresses With Pockets
Easy Elegance1 of 14
By Nicole Mann Novick
Cozy clothing needn't be relegated to hoodies and yoga pants, especially when you are looking for more glamorous garb. We've found 13 comfortable pieces, from vacation-bound swimsuits to easy sundresses for a summer soirée, proving that fashion and function can happily coexist.
Long Way2 of 14
Enjoy the weekend in a standout maxi skirt paired with a low-key white tee and a crossbody bag.
SHOP NOW: Topshop skirt, $100
Tee Time3 of 14
Comfort seekers are in luck with this shirt of the season. The deep blue hue is both bold and easy to wear.
SHOP NOW: T by Alexander Wang tank, $82
Shoe In4 of 14
Trade the sky-high espadrilles for a flat pair that's big on style. They will be your summer go-to with everything from sweet sundresses to denim cutoffs.
SHOP NOW: Belle by Sigerson Morrison sandal, $123
Print Shop5 of 14
Slouchy, harem-style pants can be dressed up with heels and a sleek clutch or toned down with flat sandals and a large summer tote.
SHOP NOW: T-Bags pant, $145
Pattern Play6 of 14
A breezy, strapless sundress transitions from the Sunday farmers market to cocktails on the boardwalk.
SHOP NOW: HD in Paris dress, $148
Suit Up7 of 14
It's hard to feel comfortable poolside when you are baring so much skin. Try this more modest one-piece for its flattering tailoring and cool colorblock effect.
SHOP NOW: Basta swimsuit, $180
Double Take8 of 14
This jersey maxi dress gets glammed up with an eye-catching print. Wear it over a bathing suit to the beach and then with chandelier earrings to the bar that night.
SHOP NOW: Alternative Apparel dress, $88
Short Stuff9 of 14
Comfortable by design, these gym shorts get a stylish makeover in silk, seashell-printed fabric. Pair yours with platforms and a blazer for a more grown-up look.
SHOP NOW: Steven Alan short, $175
On Point10 of 14
Ballet flats are taking the streets by storm this season and when it comes to comfort, these shoes were made for walking. We like to pair ours with cigarette pants and a feminine top.
SHOP NOW: Halogen flat, $120
Set Sail11 of 14
A cozy sweater is a must for cool summer nights. We like this quirky sailboat throwback paired with preppy shorts and canvas sneakers.
SHOP NOW: Aubin & Wills sweater, $145
Flow Rider12 of 14
A flowy top is both feminine and freeing on hot summer days. Try it with denim cutoffs and leather sandals for that boho-chic look.
SHOP NOW: Rebecca Taylor cami, $150
That's a Wrap13 of 14
Whether you're sightseeing through the city streets or hitting the beach this summer, these hippy-chic sandals should be on every woman's packing list.
SHOP NOW: Ancient Greek sandals, $180
Green Day14 of 14
Whether you pair yours with dressy capris, leggings, or even a swimsuit, a jet-setting tunic makes an effortless statement.
SHOP NOW: J.Crew tunic, $78
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession