What Would a Stylist Do?
- Next1 of 9Glo
- Previous Next2 of 9Glo
- Previous Next3 of 9Glo
- Previous Next4 of 9Glo
- Previous Next5 of 9Glo
- Previous Next6 of 9Glo
- Previous Next7 of 9Glo
- Previous Next8 of 9Glo
- Previous Next9 of 9Glo
- What Would a Stylist Do?Celeb Fashion Face-Off: Moms vs. daughters
- 10 Secrets Every Woman Needs to Know Before Online
- Unrealistic Expectations Set By Fashion Bloggers
- 10 Revolutionary Fashion Brands to Shop Now
- 8 Most Flattering Colors for Blondes
- 10 Best Street Style Outfits From Brazil
- World Cup Kicks Off a Fashion Trend
- Easy Ways To Instantly Look More Fashionable
- The Best Of Cannes Street Style 2014
- 12 Stylish Alternatives To Wearing Jeans
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Shop 9 Stylish Brands That Give Back
- Elle Cover: Anna Kendrick On Her Sex Appeal
- 10 Perfect Wedding Guest Outfits Under $100
- 10 Ways To Wear Orthotic-Friendly Shoes
- 10 Summer Trends In Plus-Size Clothing
- Elle Cover: Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Brad
- Where are these top models now?
- 10 Perfect Outfits For Your Engagement Photos
INTRO_What_Would_A_Stylist_Do_vo4.jpg1 of 9
Fit to Print2 of 9
Can printed pants ever be flattering?
"Absolutely! Keep in mind that the repetitive, smaller designs on dark backgrounds are more flattering, and are easier to combine with items you already have in your wardrobe."
A Shoe In3 of 9
What type of jeans work best with this season's shoe boot?
"In general, you want to wear them with a pair of skinny jeans that are hemmed a little bit above the top of the boot," says Hitzges. (You can also cuff them for the same effect.) "If the jeans are too long, they start to bunch up, which can look messy."
Great Lengths4 of 9
What type of shoe would you wear with a long skirt?
"For the fall, I would go for a heavier shoe to ground the look for the season," suggests Hitzges. "Stay away from really high stiletto heels, or open-toed shoes, which can look overly dressy in winter."
Tucked Away5 of 9
When it comes to pairing jeans with button-downs or blouses, do you tuck, partially tuck or leave untucked?
"The way you tuck your shirt really depends on individual style," says Hitzges, "but if you're going to do a full tuck, make sure to add a belt to define your waist."
Pajama Party6 of 9
How can you wear pajama-style trousers without looking sloppy?
"The obvious answer is that you can't go too oversized," says Hitzges. "But elevating the material—silk brocade rather than cotton, for example—is the ultimate way to polish the inherently casual nature of a slouchy pant."
Penciled In7 of 9
What's the ideal length for a pencil skirt?
"Just above the knee is traditional and works really well for most body types," says Hitzges.
Trail Blazer8 of 9
What should you look for in a timeless blazer?
"Something that hits mid-hip and is a bit oversized will be the most versatile," says Hitzges, who says it's fine if your top peeks out beneath the blazer's hem. "Just be careful not to buy a cut that's too boxy," she adds.
Puttin' on the Glitz9 of 9
How do you make your typical little black dress dressy enough for a special occasion?
"One of the easiest ways is to play with texture," says Hitzges. To start, look for a dress that incorporates texture in its design—sheer sleeves, or a raw, unfinished edge. Then add interest with accessories."
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession