Director of People Operations
We’re Hiring: Director of People Operations
Glo is a digital platform for total well-being. We help our community feel their best in body and mind through on-demand yoga, meditation, and Pilates classes with world-class teachers. The Director of People Operations plays an important role in Glo’s mission and vision to connect people through self-care so that, together, we can heal ourselves and our planet.
Reporting directly to the COO, the Director of People Operations will work closely with the executives and team at large to create an inclusive, values-driven and high-performing culture at Glo. This person is responsible for championing Glo’s company culture, building HR systems and processes in keeping with Glo’s values, as well as developing and executing upon strategies to recruit, engage, develop, and retain top talent at Glo.
The Director of People Operations should be an experienced leader prepared to strategically scale the organization while maximizing employee engagement throughout the employee lifecycle. This person oversees full-cycle HR, including talent acquisition, onboarding, learning & development, performance management, compensation & benefits, compliance, and offboarding. In addition, the person in this position will help Glo transition to a more distributed workforce while designing strategies and events for team members to come together in person for training, strategic planning, celebration and innovation.
What You’ll Do
- Leadership: Foster a values-driven, high performing culture, developing and implementing strategies to engage staff throughout the employee lifecycle; Advise Executive team on people operations strategies, best practices, and methodologies; Contribute to quarterly OKR and strategic planning processes; Project manage and lead internal D&I initiatives.
- Hiring, Onboarding & Offboarding: Oversee Glo’s hiring process from initial job requisitions, to developing a recruiting strategy, shortlisting and interviewing candidates, and drafting offer letters; Manage the collection and documentation of new hire paperwork; Maximize use of Glo’s applicant tracking system; Facilitate onboarding process for new hires; Conduct employee engagement surveys; Manage offboarding, terminations and employee leave; Administer exit-interviews.
- Change Management: Ensure smooth implementation and adoption of new processes and policies across Glo; Update Glo’s policies and procedures to support shift to a more distributed workforce; Provide expert guidance, communication and interpretation of HR policies and guidelines; Stay up to date on latest trends in People Ops and bring best practices to Glo.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Partner with executives, staff, and external partners (Culture Consultant, DEI consultant, and others) in supporting Glo’s efforts to become a diverse and inclusive community; Make recommendations to amend or further develop Glo’s DEI project plan; Setup and administer D&I surveys, communicating progress and plans internally and externally; Embed new learnings into company policies, practices, and norms.
- Employee Development & Retention: Manage staff learning and development and wellness programs; Provide performance management guidance and feedback to people managers; Facilitate “best self” review cycles; Collaborate with executive and admin team to plan company-wide parties, meetings and special events; Develop and manage Glo’s training calendar to help ensure people managers are modeling Glo’s values [grow awareness; nurture kindness; practice curiosity] and leading high-performing teams.
- Compensation & Benefits: Collaborate with Executive Team and Finance to manage Glo’s compensation and benefits plan; Oversee open enrollment and 401K; Recommend upgrades to compensation and benefits package to keep Glo competitive in the market; Oversee compensation planning and wage reviews, including benchmarking and increases.
- Employee Relations: Build trusting relationships with team members; Develop effective systems for employees to safely raise concerns; Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations into employee complaints; Resolve employee relations issues and communicate resolution with all people involved; Escalate issues as necessary.
Who You Are:
- You have experience building a healthy, values-driven organization in which individuals and teams grow and thrive.
- You’ve had proven success leading business transformation projects, including process improvement and change management initiatives.
- You have experience integrating diversity and inclusion into HR practices and talent strategy.
- You know how to cast a vision, influence others and build bridges to bring them along with you.
- You do not settle for good enough, but are driven to continue to improve and iterate your systems and processes.
- You have experience coaching employees through underperformance, interpersonal conflict, and other issues.
- You have been successful establishing trust and credibility at all levels of an organization.
- You are a strong listener and an adept problem solver.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in people operations, org dev, and/or progressive HR-related management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience (a focus on Human or Organizational Development is a plus).
- Excellent knowledge of best practices and industry standards in people operations.
- High social and emotional intelligence, with experience leading and mentoring team members and cultivating strong relationships with diverse people groups.
- Familiarity with HR Information Systems similar to Glo’s: Paychex (payroll & onboarding); Lattice (performance management); JazzHR (recruiting & hiring); Payscale (compensation); Culture Amp (employee engagement and experience).
- HR certification such as PHR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Experience building an HR department from the ground up and/or scaling a startup.
- Skills & specialties include: Employee Engagement; Diversity & Inclusion; Benefits & Compensation.
- Based in or near Los Angeles.
This is a full-time position, starting immediately. We are currently a growing team of about 50 people. We offer industry-competitive salary and generous benefits including medical, dental, and life insurance; 401K match; and paid holidays, vacation, and sick time. As part of a wellness-focused company, you will enjoy taking part in traditions that reflect our mission and values, like weekly team meditations and Self-Care Hour. You will be joining a team of talented people who care immensely—about each other, our community, and our planet. If you’re passionate about what you do and how you can help Glo impact the lives of its team and community members, we want to hear from you.