Senior Android Engineer
We’re Hiring: Senior Android Engineer
Glo is a digital platform for total well-being. We help our community feel their best in body and mind through on-demand yoga, meditation, and Pilates classes with world-class teachers. The Senior Android Engineer plays an important role in Glo’s mission and vision to connect people through self-care so that, together, we can heal ourselves and our planet.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Android Engineer will have the opportunity to build our Android app from the ground up. As the founding member of our Android Engineering Team, you will heavily influence how we build the team and the app as we continue to expand.
The Senior Android Engineer will build, maintain and improve Glo’s Android applications and extensions, keeping up to date on platform releases, design patterns, languages and tools. They’ll make architectural decisions for the team, following the standards set by Glo’s Engineering Team. This person will play a pivotal role in expanding Glo’s user experience to Android users.
What You’ll Do
- Build and Maintain Android apps: Write clean and scalable code on all of our Android platforms apps. Hit aggressive deadlines.
- Code and Deliver: Follow instructions from project management, communicate with teammates, and deliver ahead of schedule.
- Android Knowledgebase: Be the go to resource for all things Android - work with engineering leaders to plan ahead for the Android platform and be a central resource for Android knowledge.
- Work with Customer Experience: Work with our customer experience team to help debug Android issues and solve customer issues.
Who You Are
- You’re interested in all things Android and love writing clean code and learning new frameworks.
- You are an Android expert with experience in developing multiple android apps from the ground up, seeing the development of a customer facing platform from start to finish.
- You have strong communication skills and can effectively communicate technical information to non-technical people.
- You’ve designed Android architecture and have experience with Android’s video and testing frameworks.
- You are a fast and efficient decision-maker with the capability of understanding and weighing business priorities with technical requirements.
- You are confident and effective at making architectural decisions for a team.
- You have experience working with a distributed team of engineers.
- 7+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of Android engineering experience (Java, Kotlin, or combined)
- History of launching and managing at least 2 large scale production apps in the Google Play store
- Experience with Android studio
- Knowledge of performance, debugging, and profiling tools for Android Apps
- Knowledge of Android design patterns, pros and cons
- Experience working in Agile processes, discussing deeply technical requirements to non-Android engineers
- Experience with JSON APIs and the JSON API Specification
- Strong self-QA skills and a keen eye for detail and UI
- Experience with JIRA or other project management software
- Experience with other mobile platforms such as iOS and Swift
This is a full-time position, starting immediately. We are currently a growing team of about 50 people. We offer industry-competitive salary and generous benefits including medical, dental, and life insurance; 401K match; and paid holidays, vacation, and sick time. As part of a wellness-focused company, you will enjoy taking part in traditions that reflect our mission and values, like weekly team meditations and Self-Care Hour. You will be joining a team of talented people who care immensely—about each other, our community, and our planet. If you’re passionate about what you do and how you can help Glo impact the lives of its members, we want to hear from you.