We’re Hiring: QA Engineer
Glo is a digital platform for total well-being. We help our community feel their best in body and mind through on-demand yoga, meditation, and Pilates classes with world-class teachers. The QA Engineer plays an important role in Glo’s mission and vision to connect people through self-care so that, together, we can heal ourselves and our planet.
Reporting to the QA Manager, the QA Engineer will have the chance to work with a talented team of engineers while interfacing with our customers and Customer Experience team. You will be working across a variety of platforms including Android, and iOS.
You are a problem solver who documents, tracks and updates issues, focusing on improving Glo’s UI/UX coverage to expand API and automation suites. You will conduct triage, smoke testing, sanity testing and regression testing and coordinate with the product and Engineering Team on the continuous software release cycle. We’re looking forward to welcoming someone to our team who will help us level up our technical abilities to conduct manual QA across our platforms.
What You’ll Do
- Strategy Development: Write comprehensive test suites and test cases for both automated and manual tests to support confident, rapid deployments and scheduled releases; Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies to improve end-to-end test coverage; Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- QA Testing: Perform testing for web applications, mobile applications, front-end (UI/UX) testing, and back-end (server/database/API); Support the design and development of the automation suite.
- Reporting: Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs; Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
Who You Are
- You’re a problem solver, capable of diving deep into a problem to come up with solutions and communicate them to technical and non-technical team members.
- You have a strong desire to shape the QA process and how it functions at Glo.
- You have experience with terminal, logs, automation and writing and following test cases.
- You’re willing to do both manual and automated testing and know how to test things with no front end.
- You have extreme attention to detail and the highest standards for quality.
- You love QA and have a desire to protect the customer.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a QA or Engineering role.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Strong knowledge of testing APIs and using API testing tools.
- Hands-on experience with design, development, and execution of automation scripts.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Strong knowledge of designing and developing automation test suites.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing.
- Experience using CI/CD tools.
This is a full-time position, starting immediately. We are currently a growing team of about 50 people. We offer industry-competitive salary and generous benefits including medical, dental, and life insurance; 401K match; and paid holidays, vacation, and sick time. As part of a wellness-focused company, you will enjoy taking part in traditions that reflect our mission and values, like weekly team meditations and Self-Care Hour. You will be joining a team of talented people who care immensely—about each other, our community, and our planet. If you’re passionate about what you do and how you can help Glo impact the lives of its members, we want to hear from you.